Tuesday, February 5, 2008

New O



What I learned this weekend:


1. You can depend on people…you can depend on people to be very generous and giving, to treat you like family with open hearts, to let you fit in with their crowd even if they just met you..
2. You can depend on people to be constant complainers who never finds any positive in what they are doing, to stupidly question every move you and your friends make, to make stupid and sometimes extremely rude comments about any and everything.
3. I learned that pretentious stuck up people suck at life and REALLY grate on my nerves until there is nothing else for me to do but cuss and then laugh.
4. I learned that I use really bad language when I’m tired and frustrated and annoyed and surrounded by thousands of drunks and really stupid people.
5. I saw the type of person that I don’t want to be.
6. I saw the type of person that everyone should try to be.
7. I met people that will most likely have some kind of lasting impact on my little life.
8. Bourbon Street is not what it’s cracked up to be. (please reference no. 4)
9. Traveling with friends is always an adventure.
10. I learned that I’m really creative about ways to “get rid” of people (ie shoving beignets down someone’s throat just to shut them up…please reference no. 3)

This weekend was Mardi Gras. I’ve never been to New Orleans, and certainly have never been to a Mardi Gras celebration. Just let me tell ya…it was fun. As in F.U.N. New O is a living, breathing thing. It has a life and energy that can’t be matched. Now granted, half the places you can’t walk around by yourself, but you’re still willing to explore. It was fun. We didn’t do the touristy things. We were foreign locals for the weekend. We hung out and did as they did…the whole when in Rome thing. We tailgated, walked around, saw parades, got some beads, ate until there was no tomorrow. It was awesome. The people we stayed with, Paul and Sharon, were AMAZING. I’ve never felt so welcomed by a group of strangers. And…I ate seafood/ *gasp* Yep. It was good. *double gasp* Most likely I won’t ever be that willing to eat crawfish ravioli again, but man, it was delightful.


k, bye

1 comment:

Alison said...

I'm still sad I didn't go with y'all. Ah, the memories I could've had. sigh.

You should write another post . . . "I'm just sayin'" ;). Ok, going to bed, up too late. Should not have had those two Diet Dr. Peppers tonight. :S